Allow me to provide you with the expertise necessary to pinpoint and interpret medical or nursing issues in any case involving health, illness, injury or death. Please contact us to discuss our services in more detail.
Medical Records Analysis:
- Identify, locate, review and interpret relevant medical records, hospital policies and procedures, other documents and tangible items.
- Organize and tab medical records for easy reference.
- Prepare chronologies of the medical events involved in a case.
- Summarize, translate and interpret medical records.
- Identify issues of spoliation within the medical records.
- Screen medical malpractice cases for merit.
- Identify, locate, summarize and interpret applicable standards of care.
- Identify adherences to and deviations from the standards of care.
- Identify causation issues, assess damages/injuries and identify contributing factors.
- Identify and recommend potential plaintiffs and defendants.
- Develop written reports for the attorney’s use as study tools.
- Search and summarize medical and nursing literature and integrate search results into the case analysis.
- Analyze the validity of research studies relied on by all parties.
- Help in developing life care plans.
- Update and expand the attorney’s medical library.
- Assist in the interviews of plaintiff and defense clients.
- Consult with healthcare providers.
- Attend and report on independent medical examinations (IMEs).
- Meet with other consultants and service providers on the attorney’s behalf.
Expert Testimony and Witness Preparation:
- Identify types of testifying experts needed for the case.
- Locate and communicate with appropriate expert witnesses for deposition and trial.
- Analyze potential experts’ reports and other work product.
- Help prepare witnesses and experts for deposition and trial.
- Serve as an expert witness and testify to the nursing standard of care.
Discovery and Court Preparation:
- Prepare questions for deposition or trial examination (direct or cross).
- Prepare interrogatories and requests for production.
- Review and draft responses to various legal documents and correspondence for the attorney’s signature.
- Analyze and summarize depositions and past testimony.
- Assist with exhibit preparation and other demonstrative evidence.
- Attend courtroom proceedings when relevant.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitating focus groups and mock trials.
- Assist in resolution of cases through alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation.